The Wii U Has Got You Covered When Friends Come Over
The Wii U is Nintendo’s video game console supporting high-definition graphics. It powers along at a different beat with a PowerPC 750-based tri-core processor dubbed “Expresso” which is clocked at 1.24 GHz. Also found inside it’s chassis is an AMD designed GPU and 2GB of DDR3 system memory.
It has been described by some as the ultimate party machine allowing up to five players to sit around the TV and indulge in some local multiplayer racing fun.
It’s primary controller is the Wii U Gamepad which has an inbuilt 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio touch screen giving you a second window into your video gaming world. This window can either supplement or replicate gameplay. The gamepad also includes motion control, a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, a stylus and support for Near Field Communication (NFC).
There are other options of connecting with games though including …
* Wii U Pro Controller which looks like a regular console controller complete with standard analogue sticks, face buttons and triggers.
* The Wii Remote utilizes motion sensing capabilities which allow users to interact with and manipulate items on the screen via gesture recognition. You can expand it’s use by the use of attachments.
* The Wii Nunchuk can be used alongside the Wii remote. It’s an analogue stick that has a set of trigger buttons.
* The Wii zapper which looks like a gun and is mainly used for shooter games.
* The Wii wheel which is the shape of a steering wheel and used for games like Mario Kart and Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing.
The Wii U allows for asymmetric gameplay. This means that the player using the gamepad won’t have the identical experience as those using a Wii Remote or a Wii U Pro Controller.
Wii U owners have access to Miiverse, a social network that allows them to connect with other users and share their gaming experience.
Wii U Chat allows friends to chat online using the Wii U Gamepad’s front-facing camera to video chat with registered friends.
Wii Karoake U is a built-in karaoke app that allows you to download songs for a limited period of time. You can choose a 3D stage to perform and select your own Mii character to represent yourself. Other players can use their Wii remotes to accompany the singer by playing instruments like cymbals and maracas. After a few beers I might even get in on the act.
Be Active: Engage Others
Murder Mystery Parties
Murder Mystery Party – Pasta, Passion and Pistols
Murder Mystery Party – A Taste for Wine and Murder